Wednesday 14 May 2014

International Hyperemesis Gravidarum Awareness Day


Tomorrow is International Hyperemesis Gravidarum Awareness Day and the culmination of my Nine Months Of challenge to raise awareness and funds for Pregnancy Sickness Support.  When I embarked on my challenge, I planned to mark International HG Awareness Day by holding a coffee morning as I did last year. Little did I know that I would be joined by volunteers across the country who are also holding coffee mornings and tea parties to raise awareness and money for the charity. I am very proud that I was involved in launching the first ever "Big Brew - Getting together for Pregnancy Sickness Support" and I really hope that this will become a successful, annual event for the charity.


I have been very busy this week baking cakes and the next two days will be even busier. Tomorrow I will be taking cakes to work to sell, and also sending some with my husband (and I have more baking to do this evening!).  Then on Friday, I have not one but two Big Brew events. The first will be at the play group I usually attend where the lovely ladies have kindly agreed to run a cake sale for me, and the second will be at my house in the afternoon.  I am really looking forward to getting together with all my friends for a cuppa, some cake and a good old gossip.

Last year, I raised £140 at my coffee morning thanks to the very generous support of friends, family and neighbours. I would dearly love to top that figure this year.

So please, please consider donating.  The charity receives no external funding and relies entirely on donations to be able to provide essential support to sufferers and their families.  You can donate by clicking here. Thank you. 


Ready, steady, bake!


Add caption



No comments:

Post a Comment