Sunday 26 July 2015

Charity triathlon - a big THANK YOU!

A whole week has gone by since my charity triathlon and I still can't quite believe I'm officially a triathlete!

The moment I crossed the finish line is something I will never forget. I heard my name being called out and my finisher's medal was hung around my neck. Then I saw my two children running towards me, grinning from ear to ear, to present me with my "Mummy's First Triathlon" trophy. I think that was what tipped me over the edge and I got a bit emotional at that point. I suppose that's not surprising given the amount of effort I had invested in the challenge and the relief I felt that I had actually completed it.

My first triathlon was the culmination of lots of hard work and training but I couldn't have done it on my own. There are lots of people who helped me along the way and I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who supported me or encouraged me in my training. I couldn't have done it without you!

I was overwhelmed by the lovely, positive comments I received over the last few months which really helped spur me on, particularly when my training wasn't quite going to plan. So thank you! I am very lucky to have such amazing family and friends!

I also want to thank everyone who sponsored me. I have tried to thank everyone personally (and if I haven't then I apologise) but I don't even know some people who have donated and some people have donated anonymously. So thank you! With your help I have raised over £840 including Gift Aid which is a massive amount for a small charity such as Pregnancy Sickness Support and so much more than I ever imagined I would raise.

You can read about my motivation for taking on this challenge to raise money for Pregnancy Sickness Support in my guest post on Spewing Mummy's blog here. And if you would still like to sponsor me, it's not too late. My fundraising page is here. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. I've really enjoyed reading this article, thanks for sharing! I've recently discovered the great work that Listen Limited have done, such a positive achievement. They raised and donated money to help save the Damilola Taylor Trust from closing

    ReplyDelete